Thursday, November 10, 2011

Vintage Lace Rose Tutorial


I have been madly making felt roses for an upcoming craft fair and felt inspired to see what other kinds I could make.  I’m not going to lie – I raided my mother’s many tins of bits of laces, ribbon, and buttons.  I came home with a pretty nice assortment and even caved and told her so that it wouldn’t be on my conscience.  Turns out she was okay with it since she’s had this stuff for years and was kind of hoarding it by not using it “just in case”.  As soon as I saw the roll of lace trim, my idea for a lace flower came to me.  Here is a tutorial for how to make these lovelies:

What You Need:

·         Lace Trim (quantity depends on size of roses you want and how many you want to make)
·         Scissors
·         Needle
·         Thread
(I was originally going to use buttons but then liked it better without)

How To:

Step One:
Take the end of the lace trim and roll it inwards to make a bud.  Thread the needle and sew through the bud close to the bottom.


Step Two:
Go around the bud half circle and pleat the lace.  Sew through the bottom again.  Keep doing this until the rose is the size you like.


Step Three:
To finish the rose, knot the thread at the base.

I made a whole bunch of these to use on upcoming wreaths and then made a necklace and a few rings that will be sold at the craft fair next week.


xoxo
Suzana

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I was surching around for fabric roses when I found your lovely roses here.
    Love them <3 :)

    Have a great day!
    Smile and hug from Catharina

    ReplyDelete