Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New Me

How many of us still do New Years' resolutions? It feels that there is more negativity around it then anything else these days.  I still like to make a few goals for the year.  When I was 25 it was to live my life for me and I bought my first home on my own.  The following year it was to take chances and so I went outside my box and gave my phone number to the cute guy at the office...we've now been dating for over 2 1/2 years!  Lasy year it was to concentrate on my relationship and his children and building that relationship.  We now live together and its going great. 

This year my goals are to be healthier and to have more date nights.  I want to improve my health which for me needs to start with weightloss (the hard part!).  I was going to start in December but with the holidays coming up I didn't want to fail right at the start while watching everyone around me gorge on goodies.  So I decided I would watch myself during the holidays and start fresh in the new year.

Today is the first day of a new me.  I do have at least 30lbs to lose.  I do not want to be super skinny.  I like curves and I plan to keep them but for other health issues, some weight needs to go!  I will keep you updated with my progress. 

As motivation for my weightloss, I am not turning to magazine pictures of the latest celebs in bikinis but instead to these retro ads which remind me what my goal is and that its ok to have curves.  I wish everyone out there with similar goals the best of luck.







Source: www. retronaut.com

No comments:

Post a Comment