Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Recipe: Homemade Turtles

CAUTION: HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!!!   :)



I made these for our holiday open house and boy were they a hit.  I've had more then one special request for them since then so here today I share with all of you the goodness that is the homemade turtle.  They are truly supereasy but I don't tell everyone that so I look like a goddess in the kitchen lol.

What You Need:
  • Bag of pretzels (any sort will do really, I used the traditional twist type)
  • Rolo Chocolate Bars (at least 4 but any about will do depending how many you want)
  • Pecan Halves (a small bag should do)
What You Do:
  1. Heat oven to 350F.
  2. On a cookie sheet, spread out a good amount of pretzels.
  3. Place one individual Rolo on each pretzel evenly in center.
  4. Place in oven for about 3-4 minutes.
  5. Take out of oven and immediately place one pecan halve on each pressing lightly down.
  6. Let stand to firm up.  You can also thrown in fridge to speed up the setting process.
Get ready to enjoy these fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment