Thursday, April 19, 2012

Carrot Cake Pops




Who doesn't love this cake pop trend?!  It's like the perfect bite of heaven....
I decided to make some carrot-shapped cake pops in carrot cake flavor (oh the irony!) for a past dinner at my boyfriend's parents house.  They were all thrilled to see them.  We joked that they had no calories as they were technically vegetables......okay maybe a stretch but I did keep it as low fat as possible!

How-To:

Bake a normal cake box mix, I used Betty Crocker Carrot Cake.  Once cool, crumble up the cake (this one hurts a little to watch lol).  Then add 2/3 of a can of frosting, again you can use any flavor but I used Betty Crocker Cream Cheese Frosting.


Next, you'll need to take a spoonful of the mixture and shape into a small carrot.  Put them on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.  Mine were a bit too big so i'd keep them smaller next time.  Once you are done with all the mixture, throw the cookie sheet into the fridge for about an hour. 


I used some green melting chocolate for the next part.  I took the pop sticks (fnd at Michaels or use something similar) and dipped them in the melted chocolate then push through the center of the "carrot".  There will be some green that puddles at the top which is perfect to look like the stem of a carrot.  I like to throw them back in the fridge for an hour again so they attach well to the stick.

I then used orange melting chocolate for the last part.  Once its melted, dip each carrot up until the green.  Shake off excess chocolate and then lay on cookie sheet to let dry.


They were a hit!





No comments:

Post a Comment