Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Eggs

When I was growing up, my mom had me paint Easter eggs as a tradition.  We'd get to draw anything we want on them.  I wanted to continue this tradition in our household now and so last Friday we made an afternoon of it.  We invited over one of the girls' cousins to join in the fun.  I pre-dyed the eggs for them so they were ready to go and then let them loose with some markers.  They were very proud of their creations :)

Pretty colors!
(After hard boiling eggs, I added 1 cup hot water with 1 tbsp vinegar and some food coloring to each bowl.  Let the eggs stay in until desired tone.  Longer you leave in, the more vibrant the color will be.)

Then the girl's got creative! 

It's a chicky breaking out!

  
Springtime :)

Groovy dots



Bunny...or bear....not sure lol



Fireworks!

Our finished eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment