Friday, June 1, 2012

Recipe: Grilled Asparagus Paninis

Yum!  These sandwiches are sooo good, my mouth is watering for one right now!  They are a great way to use asparagus and I love me a good panini.  And yes...that's a mojito beside my plate :)

Ingredients:
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • few tablespoons light mayonnaise
  • ciabatta bread (grocery store didn't have any so I just used sub bread)
  • swiss cheese
  • shaved proscuitto ham (also good with honey ham)
  • asparagus spears
  • olive oil
How-To:
  1. Lightly brush asparagus with olive oil and grill on panini grill (I use a regular indoor grill).
  2. Meanwhile, mix the minced garlic with the mayo.  Spread on each side of bun. 
  3. Layer on the ham next to bottom side of bread.
  4. Next layer on the cheese.
  5. Top wih asparagus.
  6. Close the sandwich and throw on panini grill.  Press down until bread starts to toast and cheese has melted.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment