Monday, June 25, 2012

Recipe: Suzana's Rum Cake

I invited my parents to stop by for coffee on the weekend and decided to make a cake in my new bundt pan from Lina's Italian Supermarket.  I had an angry fight with my silicone cake pan a few weeks back which landed it in the garbage.  At first I was going to make a wine cake from Tori Spelling's "Celebratori" book (which I love) but then discovered I didn't have all the ingredients so decided to just make something up.  Turned out great!



Suzana's Rum Cake

Ingredients:
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup rum (i used Appletons 12 year)
How-To:
  1. Mix all ingredients together.  If you don't want to use as much rum, hen add more milk in place.  I would recommend at least 3/4 cup to get the great taste. 
  2. Bake at 350F for 1 hour.
The cake isn't super sweet and is great with coffee.  P.S......I LOVE my new cake pan.  The cake popped right out and looked so pretty.

Steve whipped up some awesome cappuccinos this weekend too mmmm :)

No comments:

Post a Comment