Friday, July 27, 2012

Rainbow Birthday Cake

It's been an uber crazy week gearing up for another 2 weeks full of weddings.  We celebrated Michayla's birthday a couple weeks ago and I forgot to share with you what I made for her birthday cake.  She has a vibrant personality and we love to color together so I thought what better than a rainbow birthday cake!

To make the cake, I used a lemon cake mix and I altered it slightly by adding an additional 2 eggs, 2 cups of milk instead of water, 2 cups flour and 1 cup sugar.  It makes a moist, fluffier and taller cake.  The frosting is just your basic chocolate cake frosting and then I bought about 5 packages of Smarties and separated them by color onto the cake :)

Rainbow Birthday Cake

I handmade a banner with the birthday girl's name on scrapbook paper, added some pink bling and used skewers to hold it in.

Did I forget to mention the rainbow is inside as well??  To do this I divided the cake batter into 5 equal parts and added food coloring to each.  Then I spooned half of each color in at a time, don't mix it together!

Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment