Monday, July 9, 2012

Recipe: Deep Fried Oreos

Yahoo!  The Calgary Stampede is underway once again and they are celebrating their 100th anniversary this year so it's a big one.  While I don't go crazy over the stampede, I do love some of the neat things that pop up, including the food.  This year they have added some crazy stuff including deep fried wagon wheels! One of the most popular treats is still the deep fried oreos though and they love me at home when I make a batch.  Caution: highly addictive!

Ingredients:
  • vegetable oil for frying
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tsp vegetable oil
  • 1 cup pancake mix
  • 1 pkg Oreos
  • icing sugar
How-To:

Heat oil in a deep fryer (I don't have one so I used one large pot.

Combine the egg, milk and 2 tsp oil together and whisk until smooth. 

Dip each cookie into batter one at a time then place in pot or deepfryer.  Fry each side until golden brown (about 2 minutes).

Drain on paper towel for a bit before dusting with icing sugar.




Enjoy!


Stir in pancake mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment