Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Best Friend's Wedding

This Saturday, my best friend Lesley is getting hitched.  It has been about a year and half of exciting planning and then all of the sudden last night at 10pm while staring at the ceiling in bed it kind of hit me.....my best friend is getting MARRIED!!!  Things got kinda emotional at that point and since then everytime I think about it I tear up.  Why am I the emotional wreck?!  Poor Steve did his best to console me lol. 

Lesley and I have been friends for over 8 years.  We've been there since the bitter start of dating (and breaking up).  We worked together for a few years and would lock ourselves in the photocopy room each morning and catch eachother up on latest gossip and troubles in our lives.  It was quite therapeutic!  When I left that job we kept in contact.  Whether it be with emails throughout the day back and forth (and now thank you to Blackberry Messenger), movie nights, gossip dinners, etc...we have always been through everything together.  We learned many things about love and dating....a lot came from the book "He's Just Not That Into You"....if you haven't read it yet PLEASE DO!  The movie is good but the book is life changing.  Lesley told me about a guy she had connected with on Plenty of Fish (dating website) one day and they had set a time/day to meet up for dinner.  Hour before this date she sent me pictures of her in different outfits for advice on what to wear.  We also discussed that I would be her backup plan and if things weren't going well on this date that she would get me to call with an "emergency".  I had my phone with me all night but it turned out that I never needed it.  And that was her first date with her soon to be husband, James.  Husband....wow.  For years we have been talking about men and boyfriends and now she was going to call someone her husband.  This is when I lost it again last night lol.

I'm so proud of how far she has come and honored to have been there with her from the start of their relationship.  James and Lesley are perfect for eachother and without being cheesy they really do complete eachother.  On Saturday I will stand by Lesley at that altar to support their marriage but I will continue to stand with Lesley for life as her friend and support everything she does.


Our first road trip....to Edmonton for a Gwen Stefani concert

At a Flames game

Our wicked trip to Barbados :)

At the New Kids On The Block concert in Barbados...best...time...ever!


A wise woman once said: "Friends are like bras: Close to your heart and there for support."


1 comment:

  1. Congrats to your friend Lesley, looks like a beautiful weekend for a wedding!

    Just stopping by to say hello, one Calgary Blogger to another!

    ReplyDelete