Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cookie Exchange Party

'Tis the season! A good friend of mine invited me to her annual Christmas Cookie Exchange Party.  There were 10 of this who agreed to partake this year....which means each of us had to bake 10 dozen cookies (a dozen for ourselves and a dozen for eachother).  Last year I made Lemon Cookies which were a hit and wanting to do something different this year I went with Penuche Glazed Pumpkin Cookies.  It was a great way to use up the rest of my pumpkin puree!

Pumpkin Cookies
  • 1 box spice cake mix (butter pecan also works)
  • 1 3/4 cups pumpkin
Mix together and drop spoonfuls on greased cookie sheets.  Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes.



    Penuche Glaze

  • 3 tbsp butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
In small saucepan, melt butter together with brown sugar until creamy on med-low heat.  Beat in milk.  Add icing sugar stirring constantly.  At this point, you MUST keep stirring and keep the glaze on heat or it will harden INSTANTLY!  Glaze cookies with silicon brush :)

For packaging the cookies, I used paper bags this year to go with my decorating theme.  I punched holes in both corners of the bag when tops folded and tied close with yarn.  Then I added these cute tags I found at Ikea and wrote the name of the cookies on the back.  I added the felt roses which I made last minute to be cute (tutorial can be found in post from last year).





No comments:

Post a Comment