Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Recipe: Lemon Chicks




This lemon cookie recipe I usually make at Christmas time but they are do delicious and I found a cool idea on none other than Pinterest which helped me adapt them into cute Easter cookies. Everyone loved how adorable they were and thought they were yummy!

Ingredients:

  • Box of lemon cake mix
  • 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
How-To:
  1. Mix all 3 ingredients together...yup, that easy!
  2. To make into chicks, roll a small ball and slightly larger one. Put them against eachother and they will cook together while keeping the chick shape.
  3. Bake in 350F oven for about 12-15 minutes.
  4. Remove from oven and immediately add mini-chocolate chips for eyes.
  5. Let cool completely on cooling rack.
  6. I then used vanilla frosting I had leftover in fridge and added yellow and orange food coloring to separate bits.  I used a ziplock bag with corner poked out to pipe yellow feathery hair on chick cookie heads. With the orange I piped a beak and feet.
How cute are they?!

I found these cute boxes at Dollarama and used them to distribute our cookies to friends and family.


No comments:

Post a Comment