Thursday, April 25, 2013

Recipe: Spinach Manicotti


I love when I get a break from cooking. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to cook and bake. But some days I just hit a wall and need to not cook. Luckily Steve is handy in the kitchen and introduced me to his manicotti recipe years ago. I requested he make it for me the other day again.  Its a light and delicious meal :)

Ingredients:
  • 1 package Manicotti Shells
  • 1 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
  • 1 package ground pork
  • 1/2 can of diced tomatoes or pasta sauce
  • 1 cup shredded cheese
How-to:
  1. In a pan with a bit of olive oil, cook ground pork.
  2. Meanwhile cook manicotti shells until al dente.
  3. Add ricotta and spinach to pork and mix together.
  4. With a small spoon, stuff the manicotti shells with the mixture. Lay each in large pyrex dish once stuffed.
  5. Top with tomatoes and shredded cheese
  6. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes at 350F.
Enjoy!

1 comment: