Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Recipe: Berry Crumble



As the weather gets colder, i'll be getting busier in the kitchen. I love baking but who wants to turn on the oven in the summer? That's what barbecues are for. I found a similar version of this recipe on Pinterest and then added my own twist. Very simple and low-fat!

Ingredients:

  • box of white cake mix (i only had vanilla on hand)
  • package of frozen berries
  • can of crushed pineapple
  • can of Sprite
How-to:
  1. In pyrex dish, spread frozen berries evenly.
  2. Drain can of pineapple, then layer evenly over berries.
  3. Layer cake mix over fruit mixture.
  4. Pour can of sprite over top.
  5. Throw in oven at 350F for 45 minutes approximately.
Mine was a bit running when I served even though top was nice and crispy. I had extra of the fruit mixture left in the pan and we served that over frozen yogurt the next day. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment